ORGANIZATION: The Institute for Human Services, Inc.
6666 County Road 11, Bath, NY 14810-7722
REPORTS TO: IHS Executive Director
POSITION: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week
SALARY: $34,000 - $40,000, excellent benefits
Summary of Duties
This full-time position will be responsible for the development, coordination and promotion of transportation services and information in Steuben County in collaboration with regional transportation providers. The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Executive Director and serve as facilitator for the Steuben Coordinated Transit committee.
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilitate and promote coordinated efforts to enhance the availability and access to transportation services in Steuben County, including the integration and coordination of services for individuals with disabilities, older adults, and low-income individuals.
· Serve as the facilitator and liaison with County transportation providers, human services and community based organizations as well as employers and consumer groups to maximize available transportation resources to meet regional transportation needs.
· Design and implement educational programs to address community needs and to inform the public of efficient ways to access existing transportation services.
· Assist in developing and implementing the priorities of the "Steuben County Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan" which identifies the transportation needs of individuals in the county including those with disabilities, older adults and individuals with lower incomes;
· Assess priorities and develop recommendations to address unmet or anticipated transportation need, including recommendations for new routes, route deviations, service hours, and cross-system scheduling.
· Incorporate GIS-based planning into service delivery and transportation assessments of all county transit services, including volunteer driver programs.
· Promotes "United We Ride" efforts including activities related to the Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Program, New Freedom Program (NFP), Elderly Individuals and Individuals with Disabilities programs;
· Provides support for Steuben County DSS/NEMT transportation scheduling services
· Facilitates the Steuben Coordinated Advisory Committee including key level provider organizational and community groups;
· Leads the development and implementation of transportation communication, marketing and public education strategies, media and materials
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of and ability to identify community needs and resources as they relate to transportation, human services programs and employment. Ability to plan and direct the work of others; good verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; good organizational skills; self motivated and goal oriented; physical and mental condition commensurate to the responsibilities of the position.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Community Planning or related field from a regionally accredited New York State college or university, three years of full-time, paid experience in transportation and/or human service delivery or a related field with one year in a supervisory or administrative role preferred.
· An equivalent combination of training and experience.