Steuben County's non-profits need your time and talent!
• Tutors needed for adult literacy. 36 hour training program is being offered in July and a one-year commitment to tutor must be made upon completion of training.
• Volunteers needed to provide financial counseling with Cornell Cooperative Extension. Help community members with budgets, credit ratings, and identity theft. Full training provided.
• Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce/Visitor Center needs volunteer on Fridays and Saturdays to greet visitors, answer phones, and give directions to local businesses. Also need volunteers during festival and event weekends in July and August.
• Veterans Service Agency needs a volunteer to assist with clerical work for 2-3 hours one day per week.
• Steuben County Historical Society needs a volunteer to serve as treasurer. Basic bookkeeping and computer skills needed. Training will be provided and schedule is very flexible.
If you are 55 years of age or older and you are interested in these or any other volunteer opportunities, call Mary at (607) 664-2298 to learn more about the benefits of being an RSVP volunteer.
Please do not call the agencies or organizations directly.
Visit the RSVP website at www.steubencony.org/rsvp to see a more complete list of volunteer opportunities.