The Chemung County Humane Society and SPCA is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to manage their active and multi-faceted volunteer program.
This a part-time position (20-25 hours per week) with some evenings and weekends required.
Grows and manages the shelter's youth, adult, community service, and foster volunteer programs. Serves as the SPCA's representative in the community for volunteer recruitment initiatives.
• Develops and implements effective strategies for sustained growth of the program. Expands the utilization of volunteers by increasing the number of volunteers and/or number of volunteer hours served.
• Manages and oversees activities related to the recruitment, interviewing, training, evaluation, recognition and retention of all volunteers.
• Schedules volunteers in coordination with department managers' needs, and maintains a volunteer database.
• Develops or maintains various documents and processes related to the volunteer program.
• Previous experience in volunteer management a plus. Previous experience in children's programming a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work effectively with people across all departments of the SPCA.
• Proven program development and management skills.
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to represent the SPCA in a professional manner.
• Good computer skills.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Send resumes to: email@example.com