Client and Volunteer Coordinator at Corning Meals on Wheels
Corning Meals on Wheels' mission is to nurture health, dignity, and independent living among people who need meals delivered to their homes. The Client and Volunteer Coordinator serves as the main point of contact for our most valued people; the homebound & frail older adults we serve and the volunteers who serve them. The CVC reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
Client Intake, Termination, Changes, Route Assignments:
- Primary staff person responsible for SERVTracker client management software actions associated with client intake, suspension, termination, routing, etc.
- Responsible for entering client data into the NYS Health Commerce System.
- Responsible for preparing new client welcome package for each new client.
- Schedules and performs Steuben County Office for the Aging (OFA) mandated annual in-home client assessments and six month telephone follow-up assessments.
- Track client assessment due dates.
- Coordinate visits with client, visit clients (annual assessment) to gather their responses to OFA’s questionnaire, and enter responses into a NYS Health Department web based data system.
- Schedules volunteer drivers/visitors for delivery routes.
- Visits with volunteers before the meals are ready to be delivered to the clients.
- Deliver meals when needed (i.e. volunteer cancellation).
- Follow up on volunteer concerns regarding clients (i.e. client not seen, client ill) by contacting client and/or emergency contact.
Daily Delivery Route Materials:
- Prepares & prints daily delivery route sheets using SERVTacker (we’ll teach you).
- Updates route maps indicating client locations using Google Maps.
- Ensures route clipboards contain necessary materials, including driver/visitor refresher instructions, CMoW Brochure, writing utensil, donations envelopes, “Missed You” door hangers and other materials as required.
- Assists the Executive Director with the company newsletter, webpage, and social media updates.
- Provides support to company resource development efforts, such as helping prepare event promotional materials.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: Desired - Associates Degree in Human Services or Business Administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Desired experience with social media (we currently use Facebook, and to a lesser degree Twitter & Instagram) and web-based client management software (we’ll teach you Servtracker and NYS's Health Commerce System).
Must be able to lift 30lbs repetitively for short time frames (i.e. carrying coolers to cars for volunteers requiring assistance).
Must have reliable transportation.
Job Type: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
Applicants may apply by emailing their resumes to email@example.com.
Corning Meals on Wheels
144 Cedar Street
Corning, NY 14830