The following position is open at Trillium Health:
Trillium Health, a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, is a community health center offering access to affordable care for all, with a special focus on meeting the needs of LGBTQ people, communities of color, and underserved populations.
Nationally recognized for outstanding patient-centered care, the team at Trillium Health provides a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expansive array of services, including testing and treatment, laboratory services, primary and specialty care, and an on-site pharmacy, makes it easier for patients and clients to receive the complete care they need, all in one place.
Our authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion is evidenced through our hiring practices, our employee programs, and our compassion for everyone we serve. Based in downtown Rochester, with satellite locations in Bath and Geneva, and MOCHA centers in Buffalo and Rochester, Trillium is deeply invested in building community. We proudly sponsor many other nonprofit organizations throughout the area and participate in a wide range of community events.
Trillium’s employee-centered company culture and exceptional benefits have contributed to impressive growth in recent years, raising our staff total to more than 250. We hope you will consider joining us on this upward path and becoming a part of the Trillium Health family.
We are currently recruiting for a Medical Transportation Specialist Rural.
Eligibility determinations—Supportive Services
- Screen patients/clients/participants for initial eligibility for transportation.
- Assess patient/client/participant’s transportation, and develop a plan to address those needs.
- Process supportive services assessments while managing the available resources of respective funding streams.
- Complete reassessments of eligibility for supportive services at least once every six months.
- Ensure that all other payers/options for supportive services are exhausted before Ryan White dollars are utilized to provide a service. (I.e.: Confirm that patient/client/participant is not eligible for insurance funded transportation prior to providing assistance and/or confirm that patient/client/participant is not enrolled with Catholic Charities Community Services Supportive Services program.) Note: Ryan White dollars must be the payer of last resort.
- Complete required documentation and enter progress/log notes for all patient/client/participant encounters.
- Educate clients and their caretakers to access Medicaid Transportation and assist with scheduling transportation and filing complaints.
Coordination/provision of eligible services—Supportive Services
- Arrange for appropriate level of transportation assistance for eligible patients/clients/participants.
- Oversee the distribution of bus passes, gas cards, cab rides, etc.
- Provide transportation to patient/clients/participant’s medical/medically related appointments utilizing an agency or personal vehicle.
- Refer patients/clients/participants to care management, health education, and nutrition education services when warranted.
- Work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team at Trillium Health, as well as, external collaborators in order to provide patient/client/participant-centered, quality driven, culturally appropriate, coordination of services.
- Coordinate with CHI to provide transportation to and from groups, communicate with clients when group info changes.
- Work with clients to develop understanding and ability to use alternative transportation resources (MAS).
Grant/fiscal/resource/program management—Supportive Services
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, Supportive Services, process invoices as generated by transportation.
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, Supportive Services monitor status of funds available for all supportive services.
- Assist in identifying additional resources for patient/client/participant supportive service’s needs.
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, Supportive Services assist in the completion of necessary program reports.
- Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
- Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the One Trillium behaviors and business impacts and modeling them in the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, client, employee, protected and proprietary information.
- Employees are accountable for meeting the performance standards of their departments and must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvement and quality improvement plans.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Health and Human Services, Social Work or a closely related field with 1 year of related experience, OR an Associate’s degree in Health and Human Services, Social Work, or a closely related field and 2 years of related experience, OR a High School diploma with 3 years of related experience. Computer proficiency is required. Fluency in Spanish and/or ASL desirable. Must be accustomed to diversity. Must have a reliable vehicle, a valid NYS driver’s license, and proof of required automobile insurance.
Trillium Health offers employment to all employees & applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, age, color, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, status as a domestic violence victim, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other characteristic protected by law.