- About Us
- IHS Services
- Provider Online
- Lead Agency Services
- Annual Conference
Money is a major concern for most people and big stressor for many! That is why Nancy Reigelsperger, financial educator for Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County (CCE-Steuben) is encouraging people to take part in the many saving strategies and activities that are part of the AMERICA SAVES campaign. America Saves Week (February 25 – March 2, 2019) is an annual opportunity for individuals to assess their savings and take financial action. Each year, we encourage savers – or potential savers – just like you to set a goal, make a plan, and save automatically.
CCE-Steuben is celebrating America Saves Week again this year with a Piggy Bank Parade contest for Steuben County organizations, businesses, and community groups to join in on the fun of saving.
• Pick up a glass piggy bank at the CCE-Steuben office in the Steuben County Office Building Annex in Bath.
• Decorate it using any materials you wish to showcase your business and emphasize the importance of saving money.
• Return the project to CCE-Steuben by February 20.
• During America Saves Week the projects will be displayed in a Piggy Bank Parade at the Steuben County Office Building. Visitors will be invited to vote on their favorite pig. The pigs will also be pictured on the CCE-Steuben Facebook page for votes.
• The winning pig will receive $100 and the second place pig will receive $50 compliments of ServU Credit Union. See PutKnowledgeToWork.org for complete guidelines.
In conjunction with America Saves Week, CCE-Steuben has organized several FREE events to teach you manage your finances. Plan now to attend several of these sessions led by local experts.
• Lunch & Learn: Get Your Foot in the Door and Start Investing with Amy Irvine of Irvine Wealth Planning Strategies Noon – 1:00 pm either at the CCE-Steuben office or on your computer at https://zoom.us/j/823294081. Learn how to get started with as little as $20 a month.
• Five Critical Estate Planning Documents with Attorney Patrick Roth 1:00-3:00 pm at the Steuben County Office Building Annex, 20 East Morris St., Bath. Is your estate plan a comprehensive one?
• Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate? with CCE-Steuben Financial Educator Nancy Reiglesperger 2:00-4:00 pm at the Wayland Library, 101 West Naples St., Wayland. Explore the sensitivity of guiding the passing on of personal possessions in this workshop!
• Cooking Matters at the Store 10:00am – 3:00 pm at Walmart, 3217 Silverback Lane, Painted Post. Look for us in the produce department. Families who take the tour will get $10 in free groceries! Come learn how to get the most nutrition for your food dollar!
• Lunch & Learn: Conquer Your Student Loans – Repayment Options and More! with Amy Irvine of Irvine Wealth Planning Strategies Noon – 1:00 pm either at the CCE-Steuben office or on your computer at https://zoom.us/j/574254393. Learn the different types of students loans and rules for public student loan forgiveness!
• Let’s Talk Credit with CCE-Steuben Financial Educator Nancy Reigelsperger 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. at the Steuben County Office Building Annex, 20 East Morris St., Bath. Your credit and credit report are a critical component to your financial well-being.
• Making the Most of Social Security with H&H Financial Group 6:00-8:00 pm at the Southeast Steuben County Library, 300 Nasser Civic Center Plaza, Corning. Learn some retirement income-enhancing strategies.
More details on these events can be found at http://putknowledgetowork.org/finance/america-saves-week or by calling 607-664-2300. Classes are free, but please register your space in advance. Additional information and resources can be found on that webpage as well. We also hope you will Take the Pledge, a commitment to yourself to help reach your savings and debt reduction goals.
CCE-Steuben has volunteer budget coaches available if you would like individualized help with your financial budget. Sessions are free and confidential. Call 607-664-2300 to find out more. CCE-Steuben is located in the Steuben County Office Building Annex at 20 East Morris Street, Bath. For more information visit them at PutKnowledgeToWork.org.