- About Us
- IHS Services
- Provider Online
- Lead Agency Services
- Annual Conference
Reports directly to the Director, Steuben Rural Health Network (SRHN)
General Summary of Duties:
This is a full-time, grant funded, paid position for the Institute for Human Services, Inc. (IHS), a nonprofit organization located in Bath, NY. The Program Assistant will assist in planning, implementation, evaluation, and promotion of high-quality internal and external programs and events for the nonprofit sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of health education programs, strategies and interventions (such as: Girls on the Run of the Southern Tier, Healthy Living Workshops, INPSIRE Adolescent Health and Wellness, etc.).
2. Conduct health educational programs for community committees and coalitions, sharing resources, and encouraging collaboration to meet common goals.
3. Organizes and works with community groups and directs educational efforts to influence public attitudes and behaviors with regards to given health needs.
4. Provide program information to the public by preparing and presenting, press releases/ public service announcements, marketing outreach, conducting media campaigns, participating in community outreach-all in collaboration with the Director, Steuben Rural Health Network.
5. Develop and improve community education material and other tools that encourage healthy decisions.
6. Assist with program and agency events, conferences, and educational workshops-handling logistics, managing volunteers, vendors and attendees as needed.
7. Establish and maintain ongoing collaborative relationships and exchange information with community members, organizations, institutions, and other health professionals.
8. Assist SRHN Director with statistical evaluation of program and writing reports.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The position requires strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude, as well as the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team. The ability to follow specific protocols and procedures, problem-solve, plan and organize work, handle multiple tasks, pay attention to details and work independently. Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with community agencies and ensure cultural competence.
Associate degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Human Services, Community Health, Communications or another related field.
Work schedule is 8:30am - 4:30pm (37.5 hours/week), Monday through Friday. Additional weekend and evening work may be necessary for special events. Must be willing to travel, including air. A valid NYS driver’s license, clean driving record, and operable vehicle are essential for travel to other sites for meetings and events.
To Apply: please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 17, 2019.