- About Us
- IHS Services
- Provider Online
- Lead Agency Services
- Annual Conference
Reports directly to the Turning Point site Supervisor/IHS Associate Director
Starting Salary: $13.74 hourly
General Summary of Duties:
This is a full-time paid position for the Institute for Human Services based at Catholic Charities of Steuben’s Turning Point location in Bath, N.Y. The Transportation Specialist assists in the assessment, transportation scheduling, and related support services for seniors, people with disabilities, and others as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interviews individuals to assess critical needs and coordinate the best means of transportation available for seniors and people with disabilities.
2. Provide support, coaching, and training to individuals with transportation barriers within Steuben County regarding accessing and sustaining their transportation needs.
3. Assists individual’s with connecting to the critical need’s services provided in the County.
4. Distributes bus tokens, bus maps, schedules trips with volunteer programs, MAS bus tokens, and other transportation information.
5. Participates in the Steuben County coordination process to collaborate with all transportation providers.
6. Reports all work plan and program goals to the Mobility Manager monthly.
7. Administers and reports bus token and gas card program goals and reimbursements.
8. Manages funding sources for bus tokens and gas cards.
9. Provides financial counseling to all individuals who receive gas cards or bus tokens.
10. Coordinate with Community Navigators as a travel trainer and bus buddy.
11. Data collection, entry, and reporting of transportation assistance and referrals on AWARDS (Catholic Charities Tracking System).
12. Assists in reception to answer client questions, comments, and concerns when available.
13. Attends conferences, meetings, and trainings as assigned.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, poverty informed, strong organizational skills and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment, professionalism and attention to detail and quality, ability to follow specific protocols and procedures, skill in identifying and resolving problems, knowledge of computer systems, internet and software applications, skills in exercising judgment, discretion and decision-making, ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, and geographic knowledge of Steuben County.
High school diploma, Associates Degree preferred and experience in transportation service, scheduling, data entry, and support.
Work schedule is 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Additional weekend and evening work may be necessary for special events. Must be willing to travel, including air. A valid NYS driver’s license, clean driving record, and operable vehicle are essential for travel to other sites for meetings and events.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2019.