- About Us
- IHS Services
- Provider Online
- Lead Agency Services
- Annual Conference
Reports directly to the Executive Director
General Summary of Duties:
This is a full-time, paid position for the Institute for Human Services, Inc. (IHS), a nonprofit organization located in Bath, NY. The Coordinator of Communications and Member Services will plan, implement, and evaluate the organizations communications, outreach activities, events, and key membership services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, implement, and coordinate organizational communication activities to support the mission and vision of the organization, as well as the more specific needs of individual programs, and enhance the visibility, understanding, and perception of the organization within the market.
2. Manage and develop web and social media content to maintain the online presence of the organization/programs. Analyze key online metrics through Google Analytics and social media insights.
3. Compose and deliver critical information to members, partners and the community as needed, such as the bi-weekly newsletter, website updates, press releases, direct mailings, event promotion, etc.
4. Design and develop informational and outreach materials for programs, events, and organization communications using applicable software. These materials include but are not limited to marketing initiatives, advocacy efforts, logos, graphics/infographics, booklets, Annual Report, brochures, sponsorship packets, fact sheets, and other print and electronic publications.
5. Manage the planning and execution of events including the annual conference, educational sessions, events, networking opportunities, etc.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Coordinate and manage the membership listing and help to coordinate communications to ensure a positive member experience. Communications include but are not limited to website, newsletters, materials for recruitment, membership recognition items, and benefits.
8. Assist with IHS membership invoicing, tracking, and recruitment.
9. Identify and evaluate member organization needs and coordination with IHS programs and services.
10. Manage the planning and execution of member events including the annual conference, educational sessions, networking opportunities, etc.
11. Build strong professional relationships with key community members; assist Institute staff with a coordinated approach to community relations management.
12. Act as a liaison with New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. (NYCON) to ensure accurate membership listing is on file and to stay up-to-date on NYCON membership benefits.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
This position requires excellent written communication skills and the ability to effectively problem-solve, follow specific protocols and procedures, plan and organize work, handle multiple priorities, pay attention to fine details, and work independently. Must be able to demonstrate skills in marketing, traditional and emerging communication strategies, and public affairs/relations. A successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office products, social media platforms, and have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other design tools.
Associate degree or higher in marketing, communications, or another related field preferred. Equivalent full-time, paid experience in communications, marketing, or another related field preferred.
Work schedule is 8:30am - 4:30pm (37.5 hours/week), Monday through Friday. Additional weekend and evening work may be necessary for special events. Must be willing to travel, including air. A valid NYS driver’s license, clean driving record, and operable vehicle are essential for travel to other sites for meetings and events.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2019.