Whether you want to assist once a week, once a month, or as an on-call substitute, your time is greatly needed and appreciated.
- Compeer of Steuben County needs your help for a couple of fall fundraising activities:
Kanona Rest Stop on Sept. 28 and 29 - Volunteers would be greeting travelers and keeping food items stocked.
Outdoor Show at the Bath Fairgrounds on Oct.12 and 13 - Volunteers are needed to be at the Compeer Booth to inform visitors about this program.
- Southern Tier CA$H Program is getting ready for another tax season in all areas of Steuben County. They are seeking volunteer tax preparers and receptionists. The CA$H program is an IRS sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. They offer free tax help to eligible tax payers. Volunteers decide how often you want to volunteer and you choose the times and locations that fit your schedule. Evening and daytime hours are available.
- If you are interested in volunteering for a nonprofit that has a meaningful impact in your community, consider volunteering at Catholic Charities Turning Point. They need volunteers at sites in Bath, Canisteo, Hornell, and Painted Post. There are openings for receptionists, food pantry workers, and stocking and sorting volunteers.
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteers receive special training in advocacy and are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in Family Court. CASA’s next orientation will be held September 16th from 9-11 AM at their office in Painted Post, NY. Please call for further details.
- Care First is looking for patient support and bereavement volunteers. Patient support volunteers provide emotional support and companionship to hospice patients and their families at the patient’s location (nursing home, private home, etc.) Volunteers are asked to socialize with the patient and visits last from 15 minutes to a couple of hours. Volunteers do not provide medical care. Bereavement volunteers assist caregivers and family members after the death of a loved one. They make condolence calls to caregivers and check on them periodically for the first year.
Please call Mary Dugo at Steuben County RSVP at 607-664-2298 or email email@example.com for more information. Offices are located in Bath, Corning, and Hornell.