Working Title: Way2Go Travel Training Coordinator
Classification Title: Extension Program Educator II
Office Location: 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850
Pay Rate: $14.05 per hour, non-exempt
Supervisor’s Classification Title: Extension Community Educator
Tompkins County Cooperative Extension’s Environment Team and the Way2Go program are committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace, and to cultivating a workplace culture where every employee is trusted, valued and respected.
Travel training is a combination of education and service that enables people to overcome diverse barriers to independent use of transportation services through individualized, hands-on assistance. The Way2Go Travel Training Coordinator will organize and work with a network of organizations to identify, coordinate, professionalize and publicize travel training currently provided in Tompkins County.
Additional responsibilities include identifying unmet travel training needs and opportunities, and developing a prioritized plan for increasing the scope and impact of local travel training services. The Travel Training Coordinator will also evaluate the effectiveness of services and coordination efforts, and assist with other Way2Go program support activities as needed. Way2Go is a hub of transportation information, dialog and action promoting transportation equity and sustainability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinated Travel Training Program Development and Implementation (85%):
· Work with 2-1-1 to create and maintain a database of existing local travel training services, including constituencies served, services provided, and training given to service providers.
· Provide leadership to agencies currently providing, or interested in, travel training into a network that contributes to program development, implementation and evaluation and together identify unmet travel training needs, and create and help implement a prioritized plan for meeting them.
· Organize trainings for volunteer and paid travel trainers that meet Easter Seals national standards and incorporate local information.
· Create travel-training webpages, including “how-to” videos and other support materials.
· Seek out and utilize consumer feedback to identify, help prioritize and communicate to transportation planners and providers measures to remove obstacles and improve ease-of-use for people using various mobility services.
· Assist travel-training services with data collection and evaluation of their services program improvement and development.
· Coordinate travel-training efforts to support current Senior Driver Retirement program and incorporate information into workshops.
· Market current travel training services to transportation providers, human service professionals, and potential users of travel training services
· Assist with identifying funding sources to improve current travel-training in Tompkins County to meet unmet needs.
Additional Program and Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County CCETC Support Activities (15%):
· Perform additional Way2Go program support activities as needed, such as answering internet or telephone inquiries, preparing displays and program materials, and participating in public events.
· Integrate diversity inclusion into program planning, program activities, and interpersonal interactions, in the spirit of CCETC’s Diversity Statement.
· Participate in CCETC staff meetings, staff committees, and ongoing professional improvement activities, as agreed upon with supervisor.
· Reports to, and receives direct supervision from, the Way2Go Program Manager and works as a member of the Environment Program Team.
· Duties will be performed within general policies and guidelines of CCETC.
· CCETC personnel policies designate a six-month period with close supervision and support after which s/he is expected to work more independently but will continue to receive the ongoing support and general supervision of the Way2Go Program Manager.
Degree and Experience Required:
· An Associates degree and 2 years of relevant volunteer or work experience; or High School Diploma (or High School Equivalency) and 4 years volunteer or work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proven ability to contribute to and help lead collaborative, community-based projects.
· Demonstrated success working with people of diverse backgrounds, cultural identities and life experiences, particularly people with disabilities, older adults and households with limited economic resources.
· Proven commitment and ability to integrate diversity inclusion into communication skills and program planning, materials and delivery.
· Experience organizing educational events and meetings.
· Proven project management skills, including long-term planning and evaluation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully with volunteers, peer educators, and/or program participants using a strength-based and leadership development approach.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to meet travel requirements of position. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
· Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County provides equal program and opportunities. No person shall be denied employment on the basis of any legally prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or qualified disability.
All Cornell Cooperative Extension positions are contingent upon adequate performance and availability of funds.