Tanglewood Is Hiring!
Tanglewood News July 28, 2021
We’re excited to announce our fall fundraiser! Twilight at Tanglewood: an evening, of birds, barbeque, and beverages. Saturday September 18th.
Sample local beers and wines, meet our avian ambassadors and learn their stories, enjoy a silent auction and liquor pull. Tickets are $40 per person – click here to purchase online, or call or visit the nature center to get your tickets.
We are hiring!
Two part-time positions:
1. Marketer/educator (30 hr/wk)
2. Educator/camp co-director (25 hr/wk)
- Every Tuesday, 10am-11am. Drop-In Family Program. August 3rd is Wilderness Safety with Ian! Come up to Tanglewood for fun, hands-on, science exploration on Tuesdays! Each week a new theme: Geocaching, Insect ID, How Tos of Lean Tos, etc. This will be a recurring program, every Tuesday morning from 10am-11am, June through August 17th. These programs are all outdoors.
- Every Tuesday, 5:30-6:30. Gentle outdoor yoga with Danyell. Ideal for those new to yoga and focusing on more accessible positions, this gentle and supportive class welcomes individuals and families. Individuals $5/the whole family for $10.
- Saturday August 7th, 11am-12pm. First Saturday Program: birds of a feather. Free. Meet up with Maggie and our amazing birds of prey for an outdoors presentation about birds, flight, and so much more. This is an all-ages program. BYO lawn chair or picnic blanket!
Our educators are traveling far and wide this summer to libraries around the region – visit your favorite library to enjoy an animal program!
- Newark Valley NY Fri. July 30th, 10-11am
- Waverly NY Thur. Aug. 5th, 2-3pm
- Trumansburg NY Sat. Aug 7th, 11-12pm
What we’re exploring this week:
- why does homemade ice cream have different texture than store bought? Crystals!
- There’s a good joke in here about worker bees, I can sense it. Humans actively seek out caffeine, “and I expect pollinators do, too,” she says. “It’s delicious and awesome.”
Be well and hike often. Share your photos and nature stories with us!
If you’re an online shopper, remember, you can always support Tanglewood (at no additional cost to you) by doing your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com. Look for us as Tanglewood Community Nature Center, Inc.
Reminder! Dogs are allowed at Personius Woods, but NOT on the trails by the nature center. We are preserving ground-nesting bird habitats and appreciate your cooperation. We encourage you to hike with your dogs along the streams, fields, and forests at Personius.