Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional I
Full-time & Part-time shifts
Days/Evenings/Overnights Available- Exact schedules will be discussed at the interview
We’re recruiting talented, family-oriented people to work with us!
The Arc of Steuben, a not-for-profit organization, supports people with disabilities to accomplish their goals and achieve their dreams. We assist the members of our organization to make impactful decisions and positive changes in their lives while giving them the tools they need to be successful.
We maintain a flexible work environment that encourages career development and leadership by providing learning opportunities to all of our associates. With a number of career opportunities in multiple departments the options for personal growth are endless.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Residence Manager this position is responsible for maintaining an environment in the program which encourages and facilitates optimal personal development and provides person directed services and ensures the health and safety of the individuals served.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- CPR/First Aid/AED and SCIP Certification within the first six months of hire.
- This person must possess a valid driver’s license for the state in which the person resides and maintain a safe driving record per agency policy. Additionally, this person must maintain up to date insurance, vehicle registration, and vehicle inspection and provide proof thereof as they may be required to transport people that are served by the agency in their personal vehicle.
- Paid Time Off
- Discount Programs
- A Variety of Healthcare Options
- Flexible Spending Programs
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Associate Recognition Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Paid Training
- Family Oriented Work Environment
- Holiday, Bereavement, Jury Duty, and Sick Pay
Working for a non-profit agency may qualify you for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program through the Federal Government
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply through our Website: http://arcofsteuben.org
SALARY: $11.10/hour; $11.39/hour after mandatory paid training.