Cornell Cooperative Extension offers the second session of their 2020 Speaker Series
From our farms to your tables – finding local products
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is offering the second session in their 2020 Speaker Series on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. The session will be offered virtually by Zoom. It will feature the CCE Southwest New York Dairy, Livestock, and Field Crops team and CCE-Steuben Agriculture Educator Ariel Kirk on the topic “From our farms to your tables…” The panelists will offer ways to help you connect with and support your local farms so they can continue providing safe, wholesome food for your families.
The interactive Zoom meeting will cover:
- Ways that consumers can purchase more local products
- Resources for finding products and purchasing local products
- Methods for supporting agricultural businesses
- Ways producers continue to provide safe and abundant food, despite unprecedented times.
More information and a registration link for the Zoom meeting can be found at http://PutKnowledgetoWork.org.
Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Southwest New York Dairy, Livestock, and Field Crops Program specialists are here to help provide research-based resources and support during this challenging time. Their team of four specialists includes Katelyn Walley-Stoll, Farm Business Management (716-640-0522 or firstname.lastname@example.org); Joshua Putman, Field Crops (716-490-5572 or email@example.com); Alycia Drwencke, Dairy Management (517-416-0386 or firstname.lastname@example.org); and Amy Barkley, Livestock Management (716-640-0844 or email@example.com). The panel will also include Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County Agriculture Educator Ariel Kirk (607-664-2574 or firstname.lastname@example.org).