More online financial classes from Cornell Cooperative Extension
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is offering more online financial classes during this epidemic. CCE-Steuben Financial Educator Nancy Reigelsperger is working from home during this time but is still available to help our community through email or phone. She has assembled a number of resources to help with financial management at: http://putknowledgetowork.org/finance. Feel free to reach out if you need assistance.
Upcoming classes online include:
- It is an aging society, so there are some important facts everyone should know to begin planning for long term care for your loved ones. Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is offering a free workshop, Long Term Care Planning, to help sort through the options on two upcoming dates: Thursday, May 28 and Tuesday, July 28 from 1:00-3:00 p.m.The workshops will be led by Patrick J. Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning. He will explain what Medicare covers, veteran options, Medicaid eligibility for a nursing home, long term care insurances, and planning options for you and your family. The session will include:
- Discover the four parts of Medicare and what is covered by each part.
- Learn about financial benefits that you may be eligible for if you (or your spouse) are a veteran.
- Discover the Medicaid eligibility rules surrounding long term care.
- Learn how to plan for your future long term care costs.
- Don’t Let Your Estate Plan Sink will be held Tuesday, June 2 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM. This free workshop will be led by Patrick J. Roth, Esq. CPA. He will help you see if your plan covers contingencies you haven’t thought of or that may not have happened yet.
- Discover why having a will is not enough
- Uncover the hidden dangers of having a deed with a life use
- Find out why thinking “all attorneys (or the forms they use) are the same” could lead to disaster
- Learn why estate planning is not a do-it-yourself project
- Clear the Clutter…and simplify your life and finances will be held on Monday June 8 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Do you feel like you are drowning in clutter? Overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff? Having trouble finding the item you need? This workshop may be the workshop that helps you address these questions
Nancy Reigelsperger, CCE-Steuben Financial Educator, will help you discover the strategies for taking a positive approach to controlling the clutter you might have. She will touch on ways to eliminate paper accumulation and provide alternate ways to keep sentimental items.
- The Great Debate: Wills versus Trusts
Estate planning today is more complicated than it has ever been. Often, mistakes in a plan are not discovered until someone has passed on. Unfortunately, then it is too late. Join us for an informational look at planning with Revocable Living Trusts in a free workshop called Wills versus Trusts on Wednesday, June 10 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Don’t Let Your Estate Plan Sink will be held Tuesday, June 2 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM. This free workshop will be led by Patrick J. Roth, Esq. CPA. to lead this workshop. He will present such information as:Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County again partners with Patrick Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning,
- How can a Revocable Living Trust based estate plan help protect you and secure your family’s future?
- Do you know the unknown truths about planning with a Revocable Living Trust?
- Discover the 16 situations in which a Trust can have legal advantages over a Will.
- The Probate Process
This online class will take place Tuesday, July 7 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. The loss of a loved one is always difficult. If you are named as the Executor of the decedent’s estate, your legal duties compound the difficulty and could leave you feeling lost. If you want to know what needs to be done after the death of a loved one, join us in a free informational workshop called The Estate Administration Survival Guide: The Probate Process.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County again partners with Patrick Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning, to lead this workshop. He will help you:
- Learn about various types of estate administration and when each is used.
- Discover the steps that occur in every estate administration.
- Learn the three “T’s” of estate administration (Taxes, Time and Tolls).
- Discover what you can do now to make the process easier for your loved ones after you pass away.
All of the above classes require pre –registration. Please find the links to register at http://putknowledgetowork.org/finance.
Need information? View the following Cornell CALS and CCE Resource Pages Updated Regularly
General Questions & Links:
Food Production, Processing & Safety Questions:
Employment & Agricultural Workforce Questions:
Cornell Small Farms Resiliency Resources:
Financial & Mental Health Resources for Farmers: