Financial workshops online continue throughout the summer
The current climate is creating even more financial stressors for families than ever before. Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County continues to offer free financial workshops via Zoom on the internet for you to get local financial tips and resources. Our summer lineup includes:
Long Term Care Planning
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
It is an aging society, so there are some important facts everyone should know to begin planning for long term care for your loved ones. Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County offers a free workshop, Long Term Care Planning, to help sort through the options.
The workshop will be led by Patrick J. Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning. He will explain what Medicare covers, veteran options, Medicaid eligibility for a nursing home, long term care insurances, and planning options for you and your family. The session will include:
- Discover the four parts of Medicare and what is covered by each part.
- Learn about financial benefits that you may be eligible for if you (or your spouse) are a veteran.
- Discover the Medicaid eligibility rules surrounding long term care.
- Learn how to plan for your future long term care costs.
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Do you feel like you are drowning in clutter? Overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff? Having trouble finding the item you need? Clear the Clutter and Simplify Your Life and Finances may be the workshop that helps you address these questions.
Nancy Reigelsperger, CCE-Steuben Financial Educator, will help you discover the strategies for taking a positive approach to controlling the clutter you might have. She will touch on ways to eliminate paper accumulation and provide alternate ways to keep sentimental items.
Five Critical Estate Documents Workshop
- Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Do you have the Five Critical Estate Planning Documents…and five more you may want to consider? Is your estate plan a comprehensive estate plan which includes all of the five critical documents? Do you know what could happen if you don’t have one or more of these documents in place?
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is offering a free workshop to answer these questions:
Patrick Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning, will lead the workshop and discuss such topics as:
- What can happen if you never get around to completing your plan?
- What do each of these documents do and what happens if you don’t have them.
- Learn how to prevent disaster from striking you and your loved ones.
Don’t Let Your Estate Plan Sink
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Does my plan cover contingencies I haven’t thought of or may not have happened yet?
- Discover why having a will is not enough
- Uncover the hidden dangers of having a deed with a life use
- Find out why thinking “all attorneys (or the forms they use) are the same” could lead to disaster
- Learn why estate planning is not a do-it-yourself project
The workshop will be led by Patrick J. Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning.
Wills versus Trusts
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Estate planning today is more complicated than it has ever been. Often, mistakes in a plan are not discovered until someone has passed on. Unfortunately, then it is too late. Join us for an informational look at planning with Revocable Living Trusts in a free workshop called Wills versus Trusts.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County again partners with Patrick Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning, to lead this workshop. He will present such information as:
- How can a Revocable Living Trust based estate plan help protect you and secure your family’s future?
- Do you know the unknown truths about planning with a Revocable Living Trust?
- Discover the 16 situations in which a Trust can have legal advantages over a Will.
All classes require registration in order for you to receive the registration link. Please register for any of these classes at: http://putknowledgetowork.org/finance. All classes are free. If you have further questions please contact Nancy Reigelsperger at 607-664-2573.