- This event has passed.
Workshop: Dividing Assets After Death
May 10, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Are you prepared for the challenge of Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?
Family members use many approaches when dividing emotionally valued assets following a death in the family. Who gets personal property is an issue frequently ignored until a crisis occurs. Are you prepared for the challenge?
Join Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County for a free session of Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate from 1:00-3:00 p.m. on Monday, May 10 online via Zoom.
Explore the sensitivity of guiding the passing on of personal possessions with CCE-Steuben Financial Educator Nancy Reigelsperger. Some of the highlights of their workshop include:
· Successful non-titled property transfer
· Initiating discussions about sensitive issues
· Determining what “fair” means
· Identifying and sharing stories about the special objects
· Managing conflicts
· Necessary legal estate documents.
To register visit www.PutKnowledgeToWork.org/finance or call 607-664-2300.