Salary: $16.50 – $19.00/hour commensurate with experience
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director CTS/VP
General Summary of Duties: This is a full-time paid position for a Coordinated Transportation Manager at the Institute for Human Services, Inc. (IHS), a nonprofit capacity building organization located in Bath, NY. The Coordinated Transportation Manager will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Director CTS/VP and the Operations Manager. Submit transactions for processing through ePACES. Prepare and process ACH transfers. Transportation scheduling for Steuben County Office for the Aging, Non-Emergency Medical Travel, Department of Social Services, and other individuals in need of transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones in IHS Coordinated Transportation office
- Review bi-weekly mileage vouchers
- ACH payment processing
- Non-Emergency Medicaid billing through epaces
- Perform general office duties, record keeping, and other clerical duties as necessary
- Refer the client to the appropriate transportation resource best able to handle the transport
- Assess needs and match up requests for rides with the respective volunteer drivers
- Schedule client transportation appointments through the IHS scheduling software
- Complete reports to SCOFA, RSVP,16.5 and Executive Director, as needed
- Maintain client confidentiality while working to effectively meet their needs
- Supervise Contact Center staff in the absence of the Director CTS/VP
- Promotes the agency Vision, Mission and Goals and ensures that operations and activities promote the Institute’s mission
- Performs related work as required
Required Knowledge and Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, poverty informed, strong organizational skills, professionalism and attention to detail and quality, ability to follow specific protocols and procedures, ability to establish priorities, skill in identifying and resolving problems, knowledge of computer systems, internet and software applications, skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve transportation related objectives, ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
Qualifications: High School diploma and at least four years’ experience in transportation scheduling, case management, data entry, customer service, and support.
Associates degree in business, human services, education, or related field preferred, at least two years’ experience in transportation scheduling, case management, data entry, customer service, and support.
Additional Requirements: Work schedule is 8:00am – 4:00pm (37.5 hours/week), Monday through Friday. Additional weekend and evening work may be necessary for special events. Must be willing to travel, including air. A valid NYS driver’s license, clean driving record, and operable vehicle are essential for travel to other sites for meetings and events.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 5, 2022.