Director of Supportive Services – Behavioral Health
Arbor Housing and Development is currently seeking a Director of Supportive Services to provide oversight of the OMH Non-Licensed Residential programs. Operation of these programs will be in accordance with policies and practices of the organization, the ethical and social conscience of business and society, as well as the laws, regulations and administrative ruling of governmental entities’ and regulatory/advisory authorities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a working knowledge of program/department requirements and regulations as determined by funding source(s), as well as all agency policies and protocols. Assure compliance with time constraints and funding limitations; develop, monitor and adhere to department budget. Demonstrated Knowledge of Medicaid compliance, Supportive Housing, Care Management, Health and Recovery Program (HARP), Health Homes Plus, Crisis Respite.
Holds the responsibility of providing direct supervision of the Supportive Services Program Supervisors and shares in the responsibility of supervision of Behavioral Health Intake Specialist and Quality Assurance Manager.
Develop and sustain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Direct and oversee the quality of services provided to the clients within the Behavioral Health Services Non Licensed programs in Hornell, Bath, Corning, as well as Livingston, Allegany, Schuyler and Chemung Counties.
The Director of Support Services will sit with the Senior Leadership of AH&D, and emulate an energetic, forward thinking acceptance of diversity while functioning as a strategic planner with prudent analytical skills and a strong operational focus.
- Bachelors of Science in Human Services preferred OR
- Associate’s degree AND three to five years’ experience working with the mentally ill, alcohol-drug addicted population;
- Prior relevant supervisory experience required;
- Working knowledge of Supportive Housing; Care Management; Hospital Diversion;/Crisis respite; HARP; Health Homes;
- Knowledge of Medicaid billable services; OMH Behavioral Health and HUD regulations;
- Empathetic individual with the ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with internal and external constituents;
- Possess strong oral /written skills;
- Basic computer software knowledge (i.e. Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook etc.…);
- Experience in AWARDS and Net Smart database a plus
- Valid driver’s license, and acceptable (as defined by agency’s auto coverage underwriters) driving record