CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF STEUBEN/LIVINGSTON COUNTY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Family Resource Specialist
Department: Healthy Families Steuben
W/C# 8857 Social Worker
EEO Code: 9
Grade Level: 25
The Family Resource Specialist is responsible for identifying and interviewing families to assess their needs, determine eligibility for home visitation services, and provides education to families regarding resources available in Steuben County. The Family Resource Specialist is also responsible for nurturing existing partnerships with referral sources as well as seeking and building new relationships in order to increase referrals received and coordinate services.
- Distributes and collects screening tool to all referral sources throughout Steuben County.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all referral sources located throughout Steuben County while seeking and building new partnerships to increase referrals received
- Acts as representative to community by providing occasional presentations to referral sources or other interested parties throughout Steuben County.
- Conducts and documents parent survey assessments on identified families, presents appropriate families to Program Supervisor and ensures a seamless transition of the family to the Family Support Specialist.
- Seeks and maintains knowledge regarding existing referral sources throughout Steuben County, sharing this information with families as appropriate.
- Provides short-term direct service, such as family advocacy, as directed by Program Supervisor.
- Records parent survey assessment narratives in an acceptable and timely manner into the HFNY Management Information System.
- Completes all required documentation, reports and HFNY State Forms and enters them into the HFNY Management Information System in a timely manner.
- Completes Healthy Families Parent Survey Community Outreach Core Training, orientation and subsequent recommended trainings and conferences.
- Participates in all Family Resource Specialist quality assurance visits with Prevent Child Abuse New York as well as quality assurance visits with HFNY Program Contract Manager as required
- Participates in regular staff meetings and meetings with supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Program Supervisor
Minimum of High School Diploma/GED with experience working with families.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Education field preferred.
- Experience working with families of diverse cultures with the ability to be culturally sensitive, compassionate, and empathetic.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to people with respect for their individual.
- Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CCDR’s corporate compliance and ethics program.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Willingness to foster agency, department and program wide cooperation and team work through use of positive/constructive communication techniques.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to all records reviewed including consumer records, employee records and billing records.
- Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
- Possession of a valid NYS Driver’s license and a driver’s record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
- Continuous use of a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
- Demonstrate commitment to Agency Mission Statement.
- Provide effective, equitable, understandable and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural health beliefs and practices, preferred languages, health literacy and other communication needs.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment, including motor vehicle;
- Stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach;
- Climb up or down stairs;
- Able to reach above or below shoulders;
- Occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs;
- Sitting at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job functions;
- Be able to read write and interpret written documents;
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
I have received and read a copy of this job description.