Emergency Preparedness Coordinator (Elmira)
Salary Range: $35,000-$43,000
Reports directly to the Chemung County Public Health Program Coordinator
General Summary of Duties:
This is a full time, paid position with the Institute for Human Services, Inc. (IHS), a nonprofit
organization located in Bath, N.Y. This position is contracted to work with the Chemung County Health Department
in Elmira, NY. The Emergency Preparedness Planner will undertake work assignments under the direction of the Public Health
Director and designees to assist in the completion of Public Health Preparedness contract deliverables specified
by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and assist in running of annual POD or similar exercise and complete required reports;
- Conduct Quarterly notification drills from call down list and IHANS;
- Complete required Health Commerce System surveys;
- Engage and recruit local organizations for push PODs and other Emergency Preparedness agreements;
- Update Emergency Preparedness plans;
- Coordinate Medical Reserve Corps and ServNY membership;
- Conduct community engagement activities;
- Coordinate required training efforts;
- Assist with any state reportable and emerging communicable disease outbreaks (e.g. Zika, Ebola) ensuring NYSDOH requirements are met;
- Update Emergency Preparedness contact lists;
- Coordinate planning activities with the Chemung County Emergency Management Office;
- Assist in meeting NYSDOH emergency preparedness deliverables ensuring all required activities and reporting are completed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be highly motivated, customer focused and work well in a team environment. Must be able to be a self-starter and solutions-oriented worker. Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are essential. Must be organized and detail-oriented in order to develop plans, workshops, and exercises. Working in client offices, oral briefings, and written report preparation will be required. Candidate will interface directly with clients and coordinate and facilitate inter-agency meetings.
Associates degree or higher with experience in human service, health, preparedness and emergency management or related field preferred.
Applicants with an in-depth knowledge and/or experience of emergency preparedness and planning including training in Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP), National Incident Management System (NIMS), and Incident Command System (ICS) will be given priority consideration.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com by February 7, 2020.