Executive Director – Chemung County Habitat for Humanity, (Elmira, NY)
The Chemung County Habitat for Humanity seeks a full-time director with strong management, planning and leadership skills. Habitat for Humanity brings people together to achieve the goal of providing safe, decent and affordable housing to families in need. We are looking for a motivated team-builder with a positive attitude, who will work with our board to continue building and growing our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Administer the operational, financial, marketing and business affairs of the affiliate office.
· Work closely with the board and report to them the status of ongoing activities and projects.
· Develop financial and human resources, to include grant-writing, fund-raising, solicitation of donations, and volunteer recruitment.
· Act as lead spokesperson for the affiliate to the public and to supporters, donors, and volunteer groups, including foundations, corporations, churches and community groups.
· Supervise and train staff, and administer annual performance reviews.
· Recommend yearly budget for board approval and manage the organization’s resources within those budget guidelines.
· Work with various committees to achieve the organization’s goals according to required standards and timelines.
· Perform additional duties and responsibilities as determined necessary by the board of directors.
· Ability to articulate Habitat’s mission and goals with passion, dedication and commitment.
· Honesty, openness and accessibility to board members, staff and the community.
· Be an independent self-starter and forward-thinker, with the ability to manage several projects and programs simultaneously.
· Possess the communication skills and temperament required to problem-solve, build teams, and resolve conflicts, while maintaining and growing our volunteer base.
· Ability to compile, analyze and evaluate data and complete financial and other reports required by the board and funders.
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as required.
· Possess a valid drivers license, vehicle and insurance.
Preferred Training and Experience:
· Experience managing a non-profit organization, or other applicable management experience.
· Experience and demonstrated success in business, training or grant development.
· Knowledge and experience in affordable housing, construction and materials management.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in business/public administration or related field.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to: ChemungHFH@gmail.com . Or mail to Chemung County Habitat for Humanity, Attn: Search Committee, PO Box 3110, Elmira, NY 14905. Deadline for applications is March 1, 2017.