CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF STEUBEN/LIVINGSTON COUNTY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Department: Healthy Families Steuben
W/C# 8857 Social Worker
EEO Code: 9
Grade Level: 28
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: The Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management of the program and acts as lead in the absence of Program Manager. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of Program Supervisors, actively participates in the development and implementation of the program, working collaborative with area service providers to ensure goals of the program are met. The Program Coordinator is involved in program planning, purchasing, public relations, staffing, training, and program evaluation.
- Provides formal, strength-based, reflective, clinical, and administrative supervision as required by Healthy Families Standards to Program Supervisors as well as day-to-day informal support
- Performs various quality assurance tasks such as observations of assigned staff, review of Program Supervisor QA activities, management/review of participant surveys, participant record reviews and employee performance appraisals.
- Monitors staff performance, program caseloads, performance targets and performance indicators
- Assists in staff selection and orientation as well as facilitating on going trainings
- Regularly monitors data entry and reports in the HFNY Management Information System.
- Act as liaison with community agencies
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures
- Works closely with referral sources and community agencies to ensure families’ needs are being met
- Regularly discusses participant service involvement with Program Supervisor’s and assures that any participant which may involve ‘imminent harm’ is referred to CPS, as well as reviews and approves all CPS reports made by staff.
- Attends trainings and conferences as required including HFNY Core Training(s) and HFNY Advanced Training(s).
- Attends and actively participates in Healthy Families Steuben Team Meetings.
- Attends and actively participates in required HFNY and PCANY Quality Assurance Visits.
- Ensures program services provided are in adherence to HFA Best Practice Standards, HFNY Policy, and local program procedure.
- Assist in purchasing for program needs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
TITLE OF DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Healthy Families Program Manager
Master’s degree in human service field preferred, or; a Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience with a home visiting program and at least 2 years’ experience providing leadership to staff, or; Associates Degree with ten years of experience with a home visiting program and at least 3 years experience providing leadership to staff.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: As a representative of the Agency, the Program Coordinator reinforces the implementation of the Agency’s philosophy and program. His/her relationship with children and families and the community reflect the highest professional standards possible.
- Sense of acceptance and fairness, with the ability to empower and nurture.
- Administrative experience in a human service program, including experience in quality assurance and program improvement and site development.
- A solid understanding of or experience in supervision and motivating staff, as well as providing support to staff in stressful work environments.
- Knowledge of infant and child development and parent-child attachment.
- Experience with family services which embrace the concepts of family-centered and strength-based service provision.
- Knowledge of maternal-infant health and dynamics of child abuse and maltreatment.
- Experience in home visiting with a strong background in prevention services to the 0-3 population.
- Infant mental health endorsement preferred
- Experience with reflective practice preferred.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices, in conformance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working with diverse populations, including low to moderate income families.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task duties.
- Willingness to foster agency, department and program wide cooperation and teamwork through use of positive/constructive communication techniques.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in regards to all records reviewed including client records, employee records and billing records.
- Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
- Possession of a valid drivers license and a drivers record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
- Continuous use of reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
- Demonstrates full adherence to the CC of Steuben Code of Conduct and all policies/procedures related to compliance.
- Demonstrate commitment to program and agency mission statement.
- Provide effective, equitable, understandable and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural health beliefs and practices, preferred languages, health literacy and other communication needs.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel and control items or equipment, including motor vehicle;
- Stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and reach;
- Climb up or down stairs;
- Able to reach above or below shoulders;
- Occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds;
- Sitting at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job functions;
- Be able to read, write, interpret written documents.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
I have received and read a copy of this job description.