CAMP COUNSELOR (4 POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Position Opened Until Filled
- Report directly to the Camp Director and be responsible for supervision and education of all camp participants.
- Maintain a fun and safe environment for all participants.
- Organize and implement a weekly schedule for your camp group.
- Lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities will include crafts, nature exploration, environmental education, songs, games, hikes and live animal handling.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Help guide Counselors-In-Training (CIT’s) to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
- Assign duties to CIT’S and campers for daily set-up and clean-up of the camp area.
*position can possibly fill a college internship requirement- see your academic advisor to verify.
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Must be able to work Monday- Friday 8:00 AM- 5:15 PM
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Interest in some fields of science such as Biology, Environmental Science or Education.
- General knowledge of the New York ecosystems and love for nature.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must pass background check.
- Must be able to attend mandatory training sessions.
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification required and to be provided by Tanglewood.
Must commit to working from Monday-Friday 8:00-5:15 from June 29th– August 21st 2020 with the option of extended employment to September 3rd.
The position is temporary and offers minimum wage with no benefits.
All counselors must participate in the training week immediately before camp (June 22nd-26th) hours to be determined.
There will be one week of unpaid vacation from the week of August 3rd-7th. Please plan your vacations accordingly.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To apply, download the application here: Counselor Application 2020
Additional questions may be addressed to Camp Director Jamie Ziegler by emailing email@example.com