JOIN IHS’s BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Institute for Human Services, Inc. is in search of highly motivated and talented individuals who have a passion for nonprofit work, to fill a position on its Board of Directors.
Nominees must be willing to dedicate their time, resources and connections to contribute to our mission. The IHS Board of Directors is a multi-faceted Governing body, focused on advancing nonprofit and community partners in the region through innovative, collaborative, and responsive solutions to address community needs.
For further information, please visit IHS at www.ihsnet.org.
- Make all policy decisions and statements in accordance with the stated purposes of the Corporation.
- Manage the affairs of the Corporation.
- Elect officers of the Corporation.
- Hire, supervise and/or remove the Executive Director
- Control the funds of the Corporation.
- Supervise the conduct of the organization’s activities and implementation of its policies and directives.
The board consists of 12 of 18 members. Members serve a 3-year term. Officers of the Board will be elected to 1-year terms for that position.
- Attend regular monthly meetings held the third Wednesday of each month at 9am (no meeting in July or December).
- Nominees must be 18 years of age.
- The ideal nominee will possess a demonstrated track-record of knowledge, skills, and connections in finance; corporate leadership; human resources; philanthropy; and marketing & media relations.
If you are interested in being considered for election to IHS’s Board of Directors, or wish to nominate someone else, please review IHS Bylaws, IHS Programs and Services and Annual report to confirm your interest. For nominations to be considered, the following information must be received:
- A brief bio and resume
Once the information is completed, please submit it by:
- Mail:Institute for Human Services Inc., Attn: Board Development, 50 Liberty St., Bath, NY 14810
Nominations are subject to Board approval.
The nomination process will remain open until the position is filled.