More online financial classes from Cornell Cooperative Extension
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is offering more online financial classes during this epidemic. Upcoming classes online include:
- The Probate Process
This online class will take place Tuesday, July 7 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. The loss of a loved one is always difficult. If you are named as the Executor of the decedent’s estate, your legal duties compound the difficulty and could leave you feeling lost. If you want to know what needs to be done after the death of a loved one, join us in a free informational workshop called The Estate Administration Survival Guide: The Probate Process. Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County again partners with Patrick Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning, to lead this workshop. He will help you:
- Learn about various types of estate administration and when each is used.
- Discover the steps that occur in every estate administration.
- Learn the three “T’s” of estate administration (Taxes, Time and Tolls).
- Discover what you can do now to make the process easier for your loved ones after you pass away.
- It is an aging society, so there are some important facts everyone should know to begin planning for long term care for your loved ones. Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is offering a free workshop, Long Term Care Planning, to help sort through the options from 1:00-3:00 p.m. on July 28.
The workshop will be led by Patrick J. Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning. He will explain what Medicare covers, veteran options, Medicaid eligibility for a nursing home, long term care insurances, and planning options for you and your family. The session will include:
- Discover the four parts of Medicare and what is covered by each part.
- Learn about financial benefits that you may be eligible for if you (or your spouse) are a veteran.
- Discover the Medicaid eligibility rules surrounding long term care.
- Learn how to plan for your future long term care costs.
All of the above classes require pre -registration and the link(s) for the webinars will be emailed. Please register at http://putknowledgetowork.org/finance.