Steuben RSVP Volunteer Opportunities – October 2019
Whether you want to assist once a week, once a month, or as an on-call substitute, your time is greatly needed and appreciated.
- Faith in Action and Project Care Help older adults to stay in their own homes, aging with dignity. Driving them to doctor’s appointments, to the grocery store, and other essential services are an important part of assisting them to age in place. Volunteer drivers are needed especially throughout Steuben County. Mileage reimbursement available. Could you spare a couple of hours a month to assist?
- ProAction’s Home Delivered Meal Program and Corning Meals on Wheels not only deliver a homebound individual a good meal- they also deliver SMILES! There is a need for volunteers to help deliver meals throughout Steuben County. Routes generally take about an hour to complete. Although meals are delivered Mondays – Fridays, volunteers deliver based on their availability.
- Catholic Charities “Turning Point” in Bath, Hornell, Corning, and Canisteo is seeking volunteers to support its mission of stabilizing families in economic crisis, and helping them as they strive for self-sufficiency. Your support is especially needed with the reception desk and food pantry. Won’t you consider offering families a hand up out of poverty?
- The Ramp Guys are building low-to-no cost ramps for people throughout Steuben County and they need your help. Working with the Office for the Aging, this dedicated group helps individuals maintain their freedom and independence. It doesn’t matter if you are a guy or a gal or if you have experience in construction or not. If you are looking for a way to help people and spend time outdoors, call RSVP and we will connect you with this group.
- Southern Tier CA$H provides free income tax assistance to low and moderate income individuals and families. The program is in need of volunteer tax preparers and receptionists in various locations throughout the county. Training is required. The program runs in various locations across the region.
Please call Mary Dugo at Steuben County RSVP at 607-664-2298 or email Mdugo@steubencountyny.gov for more information. Offices are located in Bath, Corning, and Hornell.