Tanglewood Nature Center & Museum News (March 17)
Are you missing any car keys? Honda keys attached to a Nazareth keychain were turned into the nature center – if those are yours, email Deanna at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll find a way to get them to you!
…none, for a little while!
Well, as many of you have heard, TRAILS ARE OPEN but the nature center is closed through 4/13. As it gets closer to that tentative re-open date, we’ll keep you in the loop. Our formal closure statement is here.
The less formal statement is: our animals are doing great, the trails are open, and staff’s still working (often with zero minute of commute time!) so we’re still going to be fun and relevant and keep in touch through your inbox and through social media!
- This email newsletter will continue to pop into your inbox with link roundups to read.
- We’re going to do facebook videos when we’re in doing animal care – planning on video Wednesdays – plus sharing cute animal pics and nature moments on facebook throughout the week.
- Join our curator Jamie virtually on instagram as she does animal care.
- Word on the street is that educator Maggie might be snapping a chat, as the youths say…
- Should we bring back twitter during this time? Are the tweets what the people need?
Please let me know any suggestions on kinds of content you or your family would like to see – your friendly neighborhood scientists and naturalists want to help keep you connected to nature and learning in the next month!
What we’re reading and watching this week:
- Bird nest engineering!
- How China’s “Bat Woman” hunted down viruses from SARS to Coronavirus
- Birding is the perfect activity while socially distancing
- Speaking of birding… we’re finally moving from Weird Duck Time to spring warbler season!