Tanglewood News Oct. 28th, 2021
FLXGives, an initiative of the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc., is a 24-hour online celebration of the Finger Lakes region. It connects generous community members with the causes they care most about. It is a day to celebrate all that the Finger Lakes are and the critical role nonprofits play in making our community great. This year’s giving day will be held from 6:00pm on November 11th to 6:00pm November 12th. With your support, Tanglewood can continue to provide a home for our many animal ambassadors as well as educational opportunities for children and adults! Here’s the link to our FLX Gives page! FLX Gives: Tanglewood Nature Center and Museum
- Winter Wiggles: It’s time to shake the snow off your boots, cozy up in the museum to read a storybook, and learn about animals & nature! This free pre-K program runs November-March, on the first Wednesday morning of each month from 10am-10:45am. Each program will include a story for the kids with an up-close-and-personal animal guest. No RSVP is needed. Masks will be required for ages 3 and up. Our first program is on November 3rd and will focus on Neville the rabbit!
- 11/3 – Neville the rabbit
- 12/1 – General the Bearded Dragon
- 1/5 – Hank the Red-Tailed Hawk
- 2/2—Sully the Ball Python
- 3/2—People’s Choice – Last Wiggles of the year
- Last Tuesday Drop in: Want to get outside on a science expedition, and learn about a topic in-depth with hands-on exploration? We are continuing our drop-in program on the last Tuesday of each month from 10am-11. Programs will be held from November to March. These programs are geared for ages 5 and up. Perfect for homeschooling families but open to anyone! Each program will dive into a different topic, and the curriculum is designed to enrich and expand on STEM standards. Dress for the weather and expect to spend some time outdoors! Masks will be required. $5 for a family if you’re a member of Tanglewood; if you’re not yet a member, $10 for the family. Please arrive a few minutes early to check in, so that the program can start on time. · 11/30 – Birds & Migration – includes an intro birding walk
· 12/28 – Reptile Roundup
· 1/25 – Awesome Amphibians
· 2/22 – Invasive Species
· 3/29 – Mad Science Experiments
If you’re an online shopper, remember, you can always support Tanglewood (at no additional cost to you) by doing your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com. Look for us as Tanglewood Community Nature Center, Inc.
Please note- we are requiring that everyone wear masks inside our building regardless of vaccination status. Thank you for helping protect our visitors, especially the youngest ones!
Reminder! Dogs are allowed at Personius Woods, but NOT on the trails by the nature center. We are preserving ground-nesting bird habitats and appreciate your cooperation. We encourage you to hike with your dogs along the streams, fields, and forests at Personius.