Twilight at Tanglewood coming this September!
Tanglewood News July 16, 2021
We’re excited to announce our fall fundraiser! Twilight at Tanglewood: an evening, of birds, barbeque, and beverages. Saturday September 18th.
Sample local beers and wines, meet our avian ambassadors and learn their stories, enjoy a silent auction and liquor pull. Tickets are $40 per person – click here to purchase online, or call or visit the nature center to get your tickets.
Every Friday, 5:30pm-6pm. Mindfulness and meditation with Ian. Free but donations welcome. Join Ian for a half-hour for meditation in nature, a perfect easy way to end the work week.
- and ground yourself for the weekend. No experience needed; this program is designed for adults, not kids.
- Every Tuesday, 10am-11am. Drop-In Family Program. July 20th is Mad Science with Maggie! Come up to Tanglewood for fun, hands-on, science exploration on Tuesdays! Each week a new theme: Geocaching, Insect ID, How Tos of Lean Tos, etc. This will be a recurring program, every Tuesday morning from 10am-11am, June through August 17th. These programs are all outdoors.
- Every Tuesday, 5:30-6:30. Gentle outdoor yoga with Danyell. Ideal for those new to yoga and focusing on more accessible positions, this gentle and supportive class welcomes individuals and families. Individuals $5/the whole family for $10.
- Saturday July 24th, starting at 8am. Run for the Hills Trail Race. ONLY EIGHT SPOTS LEFT! NO DAY-OF REGISTRATIONS. A family friendly 5k and a more technical 10k. . Sign up online!
- Saturday August 7th, 11am-12pm. First Saturday Program: birds of a feather. Free. Meet up with Maggie and our amazing birds of prey for an outdoors presentation about birds, flight, and so much more. This is an all-ages program. BYO lawn chair or picnic blanket!
Our educators are traveling far and wide this summer to libraries around the region – visit your favorite library to enjoy an animal program!
- Hammondsport NY Sat. July 17th, 11-12pm
- Bath NY Fri. July 23rd, 7-8pm
- Newark Valley NY Fri. July 30th, 10-11am
- Waverly NY Thur. Aug. 5th, 2-3pm
- Trumansburg NY Sat. Aug 7th, 11-12pm
What we’re exploring this week:
- Cornell’s Lab of Ornithology and vet school put out a statement on the mysterious bird ailment in the news.
- EOP has a very cool new summer program for teens in grades 7-9. The Project Seeds of Wonder is a wonderful program that promotes healthy environmental and physical lessons that can be practiced year-round! This sustainable gardening service learning project meets on Thursdays. Students must be registered with the Ernie Davis Community Center. To register contact Chalanda Graham at 607-734-6174 ext. 314 or email@example.com.
- The Elmira Street Painting Festival is this weekend! Art! Vendors! Activities! Music! Go check it out!
Be well and hike often. Share your photos and nature stories with us!
If you’re an online shopper, remember, you can always support Tanglewood (at no additional cost to you) by doing your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com. Look for us as Tanglewood Community Nature Center, Inc.
Reminder! Dogs are allowed at Personius Woods, but NOT on the trails by the nature center. We are preserving ground-nesting bird habitats and appreciate your cooperation. We encourage you to hike with your dogs along the streams, fields, and forests at Personius.