Tanglewood News Nov. 17, 2021
We want to offer a huge thank you to everyone who donated to Tanglewood during FLXGives! Together we surpassed our goal and raised $3,686! Donations will go directly to supporting our animal ambassadors as well as our school programs and summer camps. Thank you all again for supporting us!
- Winter Wiggles: It’s time to cozy up in the museum to read a storybook, and learn about animals & nature! This free pre-K program runs November-March, on the first Wednesday morning of each month from 10am-10:45am. Each program will include a story for the kids with an up-close-and-personal animal guest. No RSVP is needed. Masks will be required for ages 3 and up. The next program will be on December 1st and will focus on General the Bearded Dragon!
- 11/3 – Neville the rabbit
- 12/1 – General the Bearded Dragon
- 1/5 – Hank the Red-Tailed Hawk
- 2/2—Sully the Ball Python
- 3/2—People’s Choice – Last Wiggles of the year
- Last Tuesday Drop in: Want to get outside on a science expedition, and learn about a topic in-depth with hands-on exploration? We are continuing our drop-in program on the last Tuesday of each month from 10am-11. Programs will be held from November to March. These programs are geared for ages 5 and up. Perfect for homeschooling families but open to anyone! Each program will dive into a different topic, and the curriculum is designed to enrich and expand on STEM standards. Dress for the weather and expect to spend some time outdoors! Masks will be required. $5 for a family if you’re a member of Tanglewood; if you’re not yet a member, $10 for the family. Please arrive a few minutes early to check in, so that the program can start on time.
- 11/30 – Birds & Migration – includes an intro birding walk
- 12/28 – Reptile Roundup
- 1/25 – Awesome Amphibians
- 2/22 – Invasive Species
- 3/29 – Mad Science Experiments
If you’re an online shopper, remember, you can always support Tanglewood (at no additional cost to you) by doing your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com. Look for us as Tanglewood Community Nature Center, Inc.
Please note- we are requiring that everyone wear masks inside our building regardless of vaccination status. Thank you for helping protect our visitors, especially the youngest ones!
Reminder! Dogs are allowed at Personius Woods, but NOT on the trails by the nature center. We are preserving ground-nesting bird habitats and appreciate your cooperation. We encourage you to hike with your dogs along the streams, fields, and forests at Personius.