Upcoming free financial workshops on Zoom
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is once again offering free workshops to help you get control of your finances. Three of our May presentations include:
Wills versus Trusts
· Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Estate planning today is more complicated than it has ever been. Often, mistakes in a plan are not discovered until someone has passed on. Unfortunately, then it is too late. Join us for an informational look at planning with Revocable Living Trusts in a free workshop called Wills versus Trusts.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County again partners with Patrick Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning, to lead this workshop. He will present such information as:
- How can a Revocable Living Trust based estate plan help protect you and secure your family’s future?
- Do you know the unknown truths about planning with a Revocable Living Trust?
- Discover the 16 situations in which a Trust can have legal advantages over a Will.
- Learn the truth about the hidden costs of a Will based estate plan that no one talks about.
Yoga For Your Money
· Thursday, May 20, 2021, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
People often think about yoga as self care for your body, but it is also important to care for your finances. Yoga for Your Money will discuss healing your relationship with your money.
So what is financial care? It is paying attention to the financial components to your life. Learn to realize that happiness comes from within, not from what takes up space and money.
CCE Steuben Financial Educator Nancy Reigelsperger will cover three basic steps to help you take control of your money and your life:
1. Accept responsibility for the financial component of your life
2. Heal your relationship with your money and yourself
3. Actualize Financial Wellbeing
Choose to make financial self care a part of your life.
The Estate Administration Survival Guide – The Probate Process
· Thursday, May 27, 2021, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
The loss of a loved one is always difficult. If you are named as the Executor of the decedent’s estate, your legal duties compound the difficulty and could leave you feeling lost. If you want to know what needs to be done after the death of a loved one, join us in a free informational workshop called The Estate Administration Survival Guide: The Probate Process.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County again partners with Patrick Roth, Elder Law Attorney, CPA from Corning, to lead this workshop. He will help you:
- Learn about various types of estate administration and when each is used.
- Discover the steps that occur in every estate administration.
- Learn the three “T’s” of estate administration (Taxes, Time and Tolls).
- Discover what you can do now to make the process easier for your loved ones after you pass away.
All of the above classes are free. To register for your zoom link visit PutKnowledgeToWork.org/finance.