Salary: $16.50 – $18.50 commensurate with experience
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Executive Director
General Summary of Duties: This is a full-time paid position based at the Institute for Human Services location in Bath ,N.Y. The Mobility Manager is responsible for the development, coordination, and promotion of Transportation services in Steuben County in coordination with regional transportation providers. The Incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Executive Director and serve as the facilitator for the Steuben Coordinated Transit Committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and promote coordinated efforts to enhance the availability and access to transportation services in Steuben County, including the integration and coordination of services for individuals with disabilities, older adults, and low-income individuals.
- Serve as the facilitator and liaison with County transportation providers, human services and community-based organizations, as well as employers and consumer groups to maximize available transportation resources to meet local and regional transportation needs.
- Design, implement, and provide funding strategies for programs to address community needs and to inform the public of efficient ways to access existing transportation services.
- Assist in developing and implementing the priorities of the “Steuben County Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan” which identifies the transportation needs of individuals in the county including those with disabilities, older adults and individuals with lower incomes.
- Assess priorities and develop recommendations to address unmet or anticipated transportation need, including recommendations for new routes, route deviations, service hours, and cross-system scheduling, travel training, electronic fare collection systems, and coordination.
- Incorporate General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) based planning into service delivery and transportation assessments of all county transit services, including volunteer driver programs.
- Promotes “United We Ride” efforts including activities related to the Job Access, Elderly Individuals, and Individuals with Disabilities programs.
- Facilitates the Steuben Coordinated Advisory Committee including key level provider organizational and community groups.
- Leads the development and implementation of transportation marketing and educational strategies.
- Completes all NYSDOT reporting accurately and timely.
- Serves as back up to the Transportation Specialist at Turning Point.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, poverty informed, strong organizational skills, professionalism and attention to detail and quality, ability to follow specific protocols and procedures, ability to establish priorities and work in a multi-tasking environment, skill in identifying and resolving problems, ability to identify community needs and resources as they relate to human services programs and services, knowledge of computer systems, internet and software applications, skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve transportation related objectives, ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, geographic knowledge of Steuben County.
Qualifications: Associates degree in business, human services, education, or related field preferred, at least four years’ experience in transportation service design and development, project management, transportation planning, data entry, and support.
Bachelor’s degree in business, human services, education, or related field preferred, at least two years’ experience in transportation service design and development, project management, transportation planning, data entry, and support.
Additional Requirements: Work schedule is 8:30am – 4:30pm (37.5 hours/week), Monday through Friday. Additional weekend and evening work may be necessary for special events. Must be willing to travel, including air. A valid NYS driver’s license, clean driving record, and operable vehicle are essential for travel to other sites for meetings and events.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2022.