Position Title: Steuben Rural Health Network Coordinator
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Community Relations
Summary of Duties: This is a full-time paid position for Steuben Rural Health Network at The Institute for Human Services, Inc. (IHS), a nonprofit capacity building organization located in Bath, NY. The Steuben Rural Health Network Coordinator will assist in the planning, implementation, evaluation, and promotion of high-quality internal and external programs and events for the nonprofit sector.
Position: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week; $17.00-$18.50 per hour
Essential Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate health education programs, strategies, and interventions within the scope of the network work plan (Girls on the Run, 2-1-1 Teen Helpline, Cope 2 Thrive, Healthy Living
Workshops, Community Health Improvement Plan Interventions, etc.)
- Organizes and works with community groups and directs educational efforts to influence public attitudes and behaviors regarding given health needs
- Develop and improve community education material and other tools that encourage healthy decisions
- Conduct health educational programs for community groups, schools, work sites and community agencies
- Establish and maintain ongoing collaborative relationships and exchange information with community members, organizations, institutions, and other health professionals
- Act as a liaison and representative on community committees and coalitions, sharing resources, and encouraging collaboration to meet common goals
- Provide program information to the public by preparing and presenting, press releases/public service announcements, conducting media campaigns, marketing materials, participating in community outreach in collaboration with the Director of Community Relations
- Handle logistical details, volunteer recruitment/management and facility requirements for meetings and events
- Assists the Director of Community Relations with statistical evaluation of program, writing of reports, budget preparation, grant writing, etc.
- Adhere to all program budgets
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Work effectively as a team member
- Contribute to a work environment where continuous quality improvements in service and professional practices are pursued
- Stay informed on broad social issues and changes that impact human services in the region, contribute to others’ understanding of program changes
- Weekend and evening work may be necessary for special events. Must be willing to travel to include air travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; analytical problem solving and conflict resolutions skills, plan and organize work (project management skills), and pay attention to details, strong customer
service skills and oral and written communication skills; build brand awareness through various media outlets, interpersonal skills and positive attitude, active listening, and assessment skills; ability to work as a productive member of a team; ability to work well under pressure while performing multiple tasks; knowledge of and proficiency with technology and software applications, especially client management systems; proficiency in using Microsoft Office software and internet navigation.
The Institute for Human Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in health education, health science, community health, wellness and fitness, human services, another health-related field.
Work Schedule: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume by 4:00 pm Monday, May 9, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bath, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location